Code a custom webpage with HTML and CSS.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. First I created my logo in Illustrator. I enjoy marketing and made this my focus.
2. I resized my logo to be 450.
3. I downloaded the HTML file and input my own content and added appropriate tags.
4. Then I downloaded the CSS file and made adjustments according my style and coloring.
5. I changed the body font to Verdana, and the Heading fonts to Cheek.
6. I knew that a lighter background would be best so I selected white for the body, and light grey for the surrounding white space around the subject page.
7. I validated both my HTML and CSS. CSS was fine, but I continued to get an error on the HTML suggesting that the “head” tag already existed. I checked and re-checked, but at length could find no way to correct this and concluded that it may be an error within the validator since no other tag exists with that name.
I received a lot of feedback regarding the logo design via Facebook friends, and another classmate who suggested that I get away from the Papyrus font and use a rectangle to lengthen the stem of the “P” so that it achieved the look I admired in the Papyrus version. I spent half the day working on this, and then checked with my wife to see which she preferred, and she said that she still likes the Papyrus version better, and I agreed. So I spent all of that time creating a new one, but now I know I like the original best. Here’s an example of the new version I decided not to use.
Reach your target audience effectively with our marketing services.
Local, SMB (Small to Mid-sized businesses).
TOP THING LEARNED
You don’t have to add extra shapes to your text to alter it’s appearance uniquely, you can actually select each letter individually as a separate object as I learned from a Youtube video after spending some time trying to match up a rectangle’s dimensions with an “I”.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Complementary // Red, White, Black, and Light Gray
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Cheek // Modern
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Verdana // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
The graphics are my own.